Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Internal Quality Assurance Cell is envisaged as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. IQAC was established in the college on 08-01-2004.
It works with appropriate structure and policies, with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format
Benefits of IQAC
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication