We know that we are a part of Environment we live in andthe solution to many environmental problems lie in our attitude towards environment. The best way to attempt to bring about a change in the attitudes in the society is through students. They are the single most important influence in any family.
- To make students understand environment and environmental problems.
- To provide environmental education opportunities for college students.
- To utilize the unique position of students as conduits for awareness of the society at large.
- To facilitate students’ participation in decision making in areas related to environment and development.
- To bring students in to direct contact with the environmental problems facing the society they live in and make them think of solutions.
- To involve eco-club members in action based programmers related to environment in their surrounding
- Organise seminars, debates, lectures and popular talks on environmental issues in the college. Campaign against banned carry bags, use of loud speakers, banned fire works, recycling of glass and metals, filling of water body in the adjacent area, use of unnecessary horns.
- Field visit to environmentally important sites including polluted and degraded sites, wildlife parks, etc. Organize rallies, marches, human chains and street theatre at public places with a view to spread environmental awareness.
- Action based activities like tree plantation, cleanliness drives both within and outside thecollege campus. Grow kitchen gardens, maintain vermin composting pits, construct water harvesting structures in college, practice paper recycling etc.
- Prepare inventories of polluting sources and forward it to enforcement agencies. Maintenance of public places like parks, gardens both within and outside the college campus. Mobilize action against environmentally unsound practices like garbage disposal in unauthorized places, unsafe disposal of hospital wastes etc.
- Beautify selected road side area with plants and flowers and put campaign boards to generate awareness. Any other innovative programme on environmental issues.