, GOVERNMENT COLLEGE FOR MEN (AUTONOMOUS), KADAPA
DISTRICT RESOURCE CENTRE
The DRC (District Resource Centre) in Government College for Men (A), Kadapa established in 2007, ever since it has been undertaking several productive activities in the best intrest of different institutions and stakeholders. Presently, Dr. N. Subbanarasaiah, the Principal is the chairman and Mr. K.N. Sundareswara Rao, Lecturer in Telugu, is the Co-ordinator from the year 2017 – 2018.
Government Degree Colleges are spread across the state in all the districts. Most of them are located in rural and semi urban areas. They mostly serve students from poor and underprivileged sections of the society. The students of colleges located in rural areas face disadvantages like infrastructural and teacher shortages, lack of exposure to modern educational atmosphere and inadequate background support. They need additional support. Although each district has about 8 to 12 Government Degree Colleges and they are working as total individual entities so far. Pooling and sharing of resources will benefit students of all colleges’ especially rural colleges.
The Government Degree Colleges in each district, therefore, were networked with a select government college in the district, called the District Resource Centre (DRC). Year long activities are planned and implemented by the colleges of the district under the DRC for the benefit of students in the subject and general areas. The DRCs are expected to tentatively compensate some of the disadvantages faced by the students of all colleges, especially the rural colleges.
- Identifying the subject and student needs and shortages
- Pooling and sharing the resources for the benefit of all students, especially the rural students
- District-level crash programmes, seminars, workshops etc. for the teachers for improving their awareness and skills in teaching
- A variety of district-level regular programmes ,workshops and summer programmes for students from all the colleges of the district, in areas such as subjects, skills, career, employment etc
- Strengthening the existing infrastructural, material and human resources
The activities shall be at the district level and the participation of students from all colleges, rural colleges in particular of the district. The Lecturer/principal of the college concerned shall choose the participating student teams. The other guidelines can be finalized in the DRCs itself. The activities shall give clear, visible and quantifiable benefits to students.
- Conducting district level seminars, expert lectures, panel discussions, academic competitions, career guidance programmes etc.
- Organizing short-term summer programmes, certificate courses, training programmes,workshops etc.for improving various skills of students, including communicative, soft and ICT skills and job/self employment oriented skills
- Special training for preparing students for competitive examination for higher studies, research institutes, employment etc.
- Visits of eminenet scientists, social scientists,industrialists;experts etc.for interaction with staff and students for creating the required awareness
- Conducting value based activities, cultural programmes, youth festivals, exhibitions etc.
- Exchange of faculty for short term teaching programmes and conduct of practicals
- Sharing of facilities by the other college students(where there are no such facilities) without affecting the routine of the host college
- Exchange of students to working teams for carrying out educational surveys, study projects, field work, hands on experience etc.
- Pooling of students for talking up of community service works
- Activities that are consequential to the schemes and programmes intiated at the Commissionerate level like JKCs, ETRP(ELF),NAAC/QAC activities, Repositioning, Training programmes, Mana TV etc.
- Utilizing the Government sanctioned budget by purchasing OOE (other office expenditure) and Scientific lab equipment duly supplying to needy colleges.
- Discussing in respect of academic activities with the Principals of different Government Degree Colleges in Kadapa District, as and when receiving communication from Commissinerate of Collegiate Education viz., Virtual class rooms, appointment of Guest Faculty, Renewal of Contract Lecturers, Faculty Exchange programme, Academic Audit, Biometric Attendance, Digital class rooms, AP Fiber Grid, RUSA, NAAC Accreditation, E-Office, usage of Solar Energy, Cultural Activities on different occasions (Yuva Tharangam).